Friday, January 8, 2010

Of Broken Bikes and Dreams Gone By

Well, I got the call yesterday. Yep, my bike has defeated me. In trying to replace the bottom bracket the bike shop stripped the splines that the tool links into. The only way now to get the part out is with power tools and I don't fancy doing that. This leaves me with no other choice than to replace the bike. Luckily the bike still functions so I'll probably be able to sell it cheap on craigslist. So I have been checking craigslist for used bikes. I have found several promising ones and am now just waiting for them to contact me so I can go look at them. If I manage to get one of the listings that is less than $50 then I'll be able to fix it up even if I have to buy a different part for the kit. Hopefully I can get one today that works with the kit as is so I can finish the build this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment