Saturday, January 9, 2010

More Problems???

Well, the good news is I got called back about a 21 speed Schwinn in my area I'm going to look at tomorrow morning. The bad news is I was reading this post on endless-sphere about another guy that built a 500W cyclone ebike, I noticed that his bottom bracket cartridge has significantly more length than mine and there might have been a mix-up at the factory. His cartridge is the First F-2001F model and mine is the F-2001E model. What this means is that even though I have a bottom bracket, it might not help the motor clearance at all. I have sent an email to Cyclone Taiwan and hope they can fix this issue.

However, that would mean that I have to send my cartridge back by international mail and that's pricey. If it is the ballpark of $15-20 then I'll just buy the bottom bracket conversion kit from sick bike parts and the original spindle from Cyclone-USA.

It will add another $40 something to my build but I won't have the guesswork involved with my current situation. The upside is I know it will work for sure. But, I have hope that the part I have will work.

We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment