Sunday, January 10, 2010

New Bikes Are Great

Well, I bought another bike yesterday. It's a green GT All Terra(terrain?) and whoever maintained it knew what they were doing. Everything, all the way down to the crank mounts, was coated in grease. As you can imagine this made my job very very easy. The cranks were allen bolts, no socket wrench needed here, and they came off with two twists of the crank puller. The bottom bracket was similar, liberally coated in grease so I didn't have to muscle that out. Yes, the cartridge was in fact a 73mm but I have good news about that. I spoke with Cyclone Taiwan(my other bottom bracket was 73mm too) and they admitted a mistake had been made. They are sending me a new cartridge and some motor cooling fins for my trouble. I have heard mixed things about the support over there, but I must say that it was the most trouble free transaction I have ever had. It supposedly was packed up today so I should receive it sometime next week and the bike is ready and waiting. I must say that it has been a very nice weekend. Although, it would have been nice if I could have finished today.

No comments:

Post a Comment