Monday, January 18, 2010

I Think I Can, I Think I Can.....

For the bikes maiden voyage I decided to go up the first rise of the hill on my way to school. I was cruising along and the bike was doing great. I crested the hill in fourth gear and kept on going. I was so please with the result and performance of the bike that I decided to climb the entire first rise of my school journey. This mountain I have to climb is a 6% grade a mile and a quarter in length. I usually have to walk it, but with the motor I climbed it like I had an Olympic runner pushing me the whole way. I alternated between third and fourth gear and yes I had to peddle, but it was less effort than riding on a flat road without the motor.  

This was the first time I had ridden down this particular hill and I must say it was A RUSH! I don't have my speedometer on my bike yet but I think I was doing a downhill speed of between 35 and 40 miles per hour. The cars that were passing me weren't going much faster than I was and I was almost to the point that I could take a lane. 

It took me around 20 minutes for the round trip, I didn't time it this time, and I figure it only took me 5 minutes to get home from the top of the hill. 



No comments:

Post a Comment